MAWD is committed to making the MetroWest community, the community of choice to live and work, by helping local businesses and organizations meet their goals via sharing Diversity Inclusion best practices.
Local, Regional, National, and International Business Forces
For some it is still coming, for others it has already been here a while.
- Purchasers of goods and services are becoming more diverse
- Customers are requiring increasing diversification, customization, and quality in the products and services they purchase.
- They expect the people with whom they directly interact are sensitive to their needs and concerns. In addition they expect that the designers, suppliers, and distributors are also similarly aligned.
- They expect their family, work, social, and community lives to also reflect this diversity. Most importantly they expect to see themselves reflected in the diversity displayed by the companies from whom they purchase.
- Providers of goods and services are becoming more diverse
- Employee diversity is increasing and the most motivated and effective ones are looking to work in challenging companies where they hope that they and their company can achieve success together.
- They expect to work in teams where their good ideas are fostered and where their concerns are heard and acted upon when possible.
- They expect their family, work, social, and community lives to also reflect this diversity.
- Competition is becoming more diverse.
- Your competition may no longer be down the street nor in another state but in another country or even on another continent.
- Businesses that have not adequately met this competition, may be facing reduced sales, layoffs, bankruptcy, or an end to their existence.
- The businesses that have successfully navigated the path implied by the forces above, also happen to be those that have successfully implemented Diversity Inclusion best practices in the way they operate.
Come join us.
- The Diversity Inc. “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” 2013 list
- Is there a payoff from Top Team diversity?, Thomas Barta et al, McKinsey Quarterly April 2012
- Only Skin Deep? – Re-examining the Business Case for Diversity, Human Capital Austrailia, Deloitte September 2011